1. Language Function
a. Expressions of happiness
- I am delighted.
- It’s really a great pleasure.
b. Expressions of giving attention (affection)
- Are you OK?
- What’s wrong with you?
c. Expressions of showing sympathy
- I’m sorry to hear that.
- You have my sincere condolences.
Social Function : to amuse, entertain and to deal with actual or vicarious experience in different ways. Generic Structure
– Orientation : sets the scene and introduces the participants.
- Complication : a crisis arises.
- Resolution : the crisis is resolved, for better or for worse.